8.6.11

1/2 Marathon Summary and What's Next

I really wanted to write this a week ago but moving has gotten in the way of writing. So, my first ever half - here's how it went: FANTASTIC! Really, I don't think I could have predicted a better race. I had super dooper fans out to cheer me on (thanks Robyn, Mary, Sylvie, Tricia, & Christine) and run with me (thanks Mom, Dave, & Stu ) and I got to kiss my beautiful one year old at the finish. Hubby got me a new outfit - I sported only the top - for the race so I felt hot and confident. I was so so close to my sub 2 goal with a time of 2:02. Perhaps if it wasn't for the potty break.




The race went something like this: dash out of the vehicle at 6:58 for a 7:00 start time (ask Stu why); smell tiger balm for the first 3km (yuck); hear the Boston bells from M, D, S, & M at km 5; see the best shirt on the course reading 'I don't know you but I'm proud of you' - if she didn't have her headphones in I would have told her I was proud of her too; feel the pain around km 18 where knowing the finish line was so close was the only thing to keep me going.









I definitely hurt the first few days post race having only trained up to 16km. My right achilles screamed out - what the heck! I think this was compounded by the excessive amount of stairs I did in moving. I seem to be back on track though and I can't wait to crank out a run tonight.







What's next? well on the racing calendar K100. But I have to mix up my training because I've also added the Spartan Race to the schedule. I been invited to guest blog on our team site IN4it where fellow team mate Lisa leads us and encourages us to train like Spartans. We're In It to Win It!








No comments:

Post a Comment