2.8.11

Flee

Sometimes you just need those selfish minutes or hours to yourself, especially as a mom, especially if you're spending over 72 hours with most of your extended family. In my case I took 23 fleeting minutes on Sunday morning to escape into the beautiful surroundings of our campsite. Sure the trails were designed for off-road vehicles but they suited me just fine. I set off down a rocky path to quickly turn off onto a softer trail which led up-up-up. Exhausting but well worth every wind-sucking step. I guess I just assumed I'd be able to set out at pace but alas, in the mountains there is elevation to deal with, something I hadn't factored until about 4 minutes into the run. Terrain and elevation aside those 23 minutes were just what I needed to come back refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the weekend with patience and sanity. From my favorite authors and blog, Another Mother Runner, I love the quote: The more I run, the less I want to run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment