15x. It has said that for five months. Yes, five months of chasing the preschooler, ramping up my fitness, trying to be conservative with my portions, breast feeding. I haven't lost one single pound since I got home from the hospital with Coach J. And you know what? I'm totally ok with it.
Because the scale doesn't know it all. In fact, it's the worst representation of how I'm looking, feeling, and what I'm capable of. The scale doesn't know:
- I can run for 30 minutes, probably longer actually, and feel great.
- I can move from plank position through to chatarunga without dropping to my knees first.
- My belt is coming in handy (see photo)
- I can see muscle definition returning in my legs and arms.
- People think I have lost weight (ha, fooled you!)
As we embark on a new year I will continue to measure my success not my the number on the scale but rather by my capabilities and achievements. I think you should do the same. And don't forget - you can win a free Learn to Run clinic by commenting on this post.
Schedule yourself healthy.